Monday, 1 February 2010

Signs of Spring

I took a little stroll around the garden this afternoon (it didn't take long, my garden is rather small!), noting jobs that need to be done soon (eg, cutting back last year's perennials, weeding). I was really happy when I spotted some bluebells pushing their way through the ground.


I also noted some pots of scented crocuses that will soon be in flower. These are a scented variety leftover from pots that I planted up for Christmas presents for my family. I am looking forward to bringing them indoors to enjoy a bit of Spring.


Another exciting moment today was when I noticed some men planting trees (I live on a new development that is in the final 'landscaping' phase). They planted a row of three Prunus maackii 'Amber Beauty' (common name, Manchurian cherry) behind my garden fence, which will be lovely once they are established. A new habitat for the local birds and wildlife, and some much needed screening from our neighbours behind.




1 comment:

  1. My bluebells are coming through as well, and some daffodils I planted in autumn.
    Good news about the trees! Something nice for your birds to perch in :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...