Monday, 15 February 2010

Sog's homemade chicken pie

Thought I'd post the recipe for my current favourite dinner, chicken and veg pie.

I began by cooking 3 chicken breasts in the oven (about 180 degrees in a fan oven for about 25 mins) then cut them into half inch cubes. Next, I sliced 2 carrots and cut a head of broccoli into florets and parboiled them for about 5 mins (almost cooked but still crunchy).

Next, I chopped an onion and sweated it for 5 mins in a pan with some low fat spread. I then added 4 sliced mushrooms and cooked them until soft. I sprinkled a heaped tbsp of flour over the mix and cooked for a minute, then gradually added about 1/4 pint milk and 1/4 stock, stirring to prevent lumps. I seasoned this sauce with a tbsp of wholegrain mustard and a heaped tsp of dill.

I added the chicken to the sauce, stirring to mix. Then, I placed the carrots and broccoli in the base of an ovenproof dish and poured the sauce over, gently mixing to avoid breaking up the broccoli florets.


All that is needed is a pastry lid (I use ready made puff pastry) on top, brushed with milk, and put in the oven at 200 degrees (fan oven) for 25 mins (until pastry is golden).

Serve with mash and gravy :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...