Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Running club

I'm back home after my first evening running with the Stotfold Runners. A fairly large group ran tonight, many wearing fluorescent tops and Lycra leggings :-0. I definitely need to pop to JJB to buy myself something shiny.

I was running with my friend Pete who is a personal trainer (he also leads the circuit training sessions I go to on Wednesday nights). He suggested I begin on a run/walk programme and build up the running segments gradually. We did 5 repetitions of 5 min running and 1 min walking. This meant I ran for 25 mins of a total 30 min exercise. Completely blowing away my expectations.

So my new thing I've learnt today: I can run! (I managed 2.5 miles BTW.)

2 comments:

  1. I have tried that technique as well and it does work, even for a lousy runner like me. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm almost looking forward to next week, just to see if I manage to run the same distance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...