Friday, 21 January 2011

A weekend to myself

Last weekend I was cruelly abandoned by my husband because he had been invited on his cousin's stag do.

In all honesty, I was quite looking forward to some time on my own. Our Sky+ planner is full to bursting with "my programmes": the last two episodes of Upstairs Downstairs from Christmas; the whole series of Pillars of the Earth; a couple of "girly films" (to name but a few).

I also had high hopes of planning my vegetable plot for this year and finishing off the website for my mum's church. And maybe even writing Christmas thank you cards (no chance).

So what did I do over the weekend?
  • I took the children to McDonald's (only because my husband promised them I would).
  • I planned my veg plot (hooray!).
  • I played Lego Star Wars on the Wii, earned about 3 million studs (I bought ghost Yoda and unlocked the x4 Power Brick), and subsequently dreamt about Obi Wan Kenobi two nights in a row.
Dreams were about young Obi Wan, not old Obi Wan (just to clarify)
Image taken from http://loyalkng.com
  • We went to Sunday School.
  • We made chocolate rice krispie cakes.
  • We made "Welcome Home Daddy" signs for the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...