Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Introducing the Wii Fit Weigh in

My followers on Twitter will already be aware of my weekly Wii Fit weigh-in. Ever since I started dieting (& running) at the beginning of January, I've been weighing myself every Wednesday, just before lunch, on my Wii. I use the same scales and settings for the sake of consistency rather than accuracy.

Since I've decided to give up Twitter for Lent, I'm going to be blogging about my weight loss here, and I'll add details of the exercise I did and highlights of my diet.

So, last week, I had a bad few days. I was getting a bit down about my diet and felt I wasn't getting much support at home. I went for a run on Thursday night (3 miles) but came home in a bit of a mood and failed to eat dinner. I also failed to eat breakfast and lunch the next day, so I was in a bit of a bad frame of mind. However, my husband obviously had a sort of mind-reading moment at work and sent me a text offering to cook me a nice healthy dinner that evening, and after a chat later, we seem to have resolved a few issues. I also chatted on Twitter with some fellow dieters, who gave me some great tips.

On Saturday morning I got up at 5:50am and went for a run (I know, I am a bit mad!). I love running in the morning, it's so quiet and the sun comes up as you're out. I ran at least 5.5 miles, I'm not 100% sure of the final distance because my GPS app crashed on the final leg. But it was still a great run, in just over an hour. On Sunday afternoon I ran with my friend Becca and we did a similar distance in just under an hour. She pushes me a lot because her usual pace is much quicker.

I started this week being a lot more organised about my and the rest of the family's diet. I've planned meals that are healthy so I can eat with everyone, and hopefully I can get the kids to try new tastes at the same time (they loved chilli, with turkey mince instead of beef). I've also planned desserts so my husband doesn't feel like he's missing out. Although, he did eat a whole strawberry flan in one day, so perhaps that's not a good idea.

Tuesday night was running club, and we did speed work (alternating slow and fast runs). A great "last chance workout" for me, completely knackering, but left me feeling fab.

So, the announcement you're all waiting for, this week I lost ..... 4 lb. In a way it's sad that I had that bad couple of days, but maybe I needed them to help me focus and continue in a better frame of mind.

On to next week now, and tonight's circuit training class. Looking forward to it :)

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the loss so far, and also the sensible way that you are going about it. Good diet and a regular, varying exercise programme ar the key. The benefits are clearly visible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Pete. I think you can take a proportion of credit for pushing me at running club and during circuits :) (A small proportion!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...