Friday, 25 March 2011

Not missing the office

Some days, I really miss being employed.
  • Living in London
  • The bustle of the daily commute (reading Metro more like)
  • Being offered cannabis at 7.30am on Inverness St (OK, I can do without that!)
  • Social interaction with colleagues.

But other days, I'm glad I'm self-employed.
  • When my kids are poorly and I can drop work and go and pick them up within 2 minutes of receiving the phone call from school. 
  • When I fancy lunch at 11am and I can stop and make myself something (instead of holding on until 12 for the canteen to open!). 
  • I can't go and spend unnecessary £££ in Gap on Camden High Street (yes, I have heard of online shopping...). 
  • When I'm tired and need a nap (shhhh!). 
  • I don't have to contribute to wedding, retirement, birthday, charity collections. 
  • And I'm not tempted by the biscuits, cakes, and sweets that appear from colleagues who have been on holiday.

Today, I've had emails inviting me to eat:
  • Biscuits
  • Something high-calorie (unspecified)
  • Reese's peanut cups (drool)
  • Leftover sandwiches... (yum, tasty)
Is it any wonder I've weighed more than 13 stone for the past 10 years?! (I don't weigh that now BTW.)

Right, back to work :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss being in work either. Even though there are certain commitments, its great having the freedom to do what you want when you want.
    We too always had tins of chocolates and biscuits hanging around given by grateful patients.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...