- Living in London
- The bustle of the daily commute (reading Metro more like)
- Being offered cannabis at 7.30am on Inverness St (OK, I can do without that!)
- Social interaction with colleagues.
But other days, I'm glad I'm self-employed.
- When my kids are poorly and I can drop work and go and pick them up within 2 minutes of receiving the phone call from school.
- When I fancy lunch at 11am and I can stop and make myself something (instead of holding on until 12 for the canteen to open!).
- I can't go and spend unnecessary £££ in Gap on Camden High Street (yes, I have heard of online shopping...).
- When I'm tired and need a nap (shhhh!).
- I don't have to contribute to wedding, retirement, birthday, charity collections.
- And I'm not tempted by the biscuits, cakes, and sweets that appear from colleagues who have been on holiday.
Today, I've had emails inviting me to eat:
- Something high-calorie (unspecified)
- Reese's peanut cups (drool)
- Leftover sandwiches... (yum, tasty)
Right, back to work :)