Monday, 6 June 2011

Diet meal plans

Ever since I began dieting back in January, I've planned the family's meals for the week. Planning has several benefits: it reminds me what I should be eating (and stops me snacking in-between meals); I can keep track of how many fish/chicken/pasta dishes we've had (or not had!) in the week; and it helps keep the shopping bill down (and prevents wasting food because everything gets used).

So many people ask me what I eat to lose weight, so I thought I'd post my diet meal plans here once a week. I'm also going to link them to Mrs M's weekly blog post, which has lots of other ideas and linked posts. It's a great resource, so go and check it out.

I try and eat what the rest of the family eat, simply to avoid having to cook too many different meals. However, I don't like to eat carbohydrate for dinner (unless I've been running before), so sometimes I might save some pasta sauce for the next day and have it for lunch.

Here's this week's plan. (Please note that I'm currently aiming to eat 1200 calories a day! The family are not.) Lunches are for me only, dinners are for the whole family (unless stated).

Monday
Lunch: Spicy Dal and Carrot Soup
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, roast new potatoes, and salad

Tuesday
Lunch: Turkey bolognaise sauce with wholewheat pasta
Dinner: as above for family; veggie version of Cabbage and Potato Soup for me (after running club PM)

Wednesday
Lunch: Chicken, sun-dried tomato and mushroom risotto (from the freezer)
Dinner: Breaded fish, chips, and mushy peas (post swimming lesson). For me, melon, proscuitto, and a tomato, basil, and onion salad (after circuit training PM).

Thursday
Lunch: Bacon, rocket, and tomato on a seeded deli roll
Dinner: Salmon, boiled new potatoes, and green beans

Friday
Lunch: Moroccan chickpea soup
Dinner: Thin-cut steak and/or tomato and basil chicken (Tesco BBQ range), homemade potato wedges, and salad

Saturday
Two parties today! Will eat whatever we are given :)

Sunday
Lunch: Roast chicken and all the trimmings!
Dinner: Sandwiches, salad, any leftovers

5 comments:

  1. I dunno your weight but 1200 seems a bit low to me. I aim for about 1400 - tho admittedly I lose weight quite slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! I should read my inbox more carefully. Are you still aiming to lose more weight as that's quite low for maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, thanks for your comments. I'm still aiming to lose about 5 lb. I'm sticking to 1200 for now because it works for me, but I have been up to 1400 and 1600 before (when I was running a lot). Finding a balance for maintenance will be the hard part I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in! Love the sound of the melon salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs M, thanks for the comment. I'm really looking forward to eating that salad tonight LOL. I had some watermelon last night after my soup and it was delicious *mouth waters at the memory*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...