Sunday, 23 October 2011

Autumn breaker 10K: 23/10/11

Today I ran in Fylde Coast Running club's Autumn Breaker 10K. Just 151 runners turned up, which I was surprised at. The weather had been quite cold and wet to start with though, so maybe other runners decided to stay in bed. Probably wise. I didn't have the best pre-race prep, because I was at a family party the night before (late night and 'some' alcohol consumed, not excessive though!).

After a non-start, when the marshals sent us the wrong way and we ran for 0.5K, we finally got going. The route took us around Stanley Park on roads and footpaths. The paths were very muddy and slippery from leaves, and we had other obstacles to watch for (dogs, walkers, children, and BMXers). The council were officially opening the park's BMX track, which we had to run around (twice), so that was another well-planned aspect.

I tried to start a bit slower than I did for Standalone, because I didn't want to get too tired halfway round. I managed to maintain a good pace, and I got faster with every mile. Details from Garmin Connect are below.




All in all, I'm quite pleased. I shaved 30 secs off my PB and was the 6th (out of 48) woman to finish (59th out of 151).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...