Sunday, 9 October 2011

Meal planning Monday: 10/10/11






Hello. It's Sunday night so I'm sitting down to plan another week of meals. Last week's plan went fairly well. The kids loved the sausage meatballs on Monday, and they both ate the scallop risotto. I'm chuffed they tried something new. And I didn't lie and say it was chicken (well, not much).

My husband did the weekly food shop while I was at Church this morning (I only sent him out for eggs and bread), so this week I have a random selection of foods to plan around.

Monday
Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots, and SPROUTS!

Yeah, first sprouts of the season! And we didn't have a roast yesterday, so this is compensation for my uselessness as a wife and mother.

Tuesday
Bacon, brie, and mushroom baps

Lovely cheesy baps ;)

Wednesday
Chicken, broccoli, and pasta bake

Hubs is out tonight and he hates pasta bake. And this will use up Monday's leftover chicken.

Thursday
Salmon fishcakes with peas

Loads of peas in my garden at the moment. Fresh peas, yum.

Friday
Sausages, Yorkshire puddings, peas, and homemade onion gravy

Can't beat peas and gravy.

Saturday
Pizza

Sunday
Slow-cooked pork

Meant to cook this last weekend after watching that Lorraine Pascale programme, but forgot to buy pork (fail).

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for other meal plan ideas.

5 comments:

  1. How do you manage to get peas in your garden at this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a genius xx

    Douce Provenance peas are very hardy. And the nice weather has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great menu, and I'm so impressed your kids ate scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely menu - it's got me craving peas!!!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get my hands on your baps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...