Monday, 31 October 2011

Meal planning Monday: 31/10/11


Monday again! Didn't half-term pass quickly? My two were at holiday club for 3 days last week (they loved it!) and we've had 3 days of fun with hubs at home too (we have an inset day today).

Last week's meals went according to plan until Wednesday. I'd forgotten (again) about swimming, so I made cottage pie Wednesday instead of Thursday because it could be cooked while we were out. On Thursday we went to Milton Keynes and had a big late lunch out, so the scallop risotto from Wednesday (are you keeping up?) went on hold. Friday went to plan for the kids and hubs but I had the scallops with vegetable couscous, chilli, and lemon (Sog concoction). Very tasty :)

This week I'm building up to a half-marathon on Sunday, so I'll be upping my carbohydrate intake towards the end of the week.

Monday
Sticky soy salmon with egg-fried rice and vegetables

Sog concoction. Probably will include honey and soy (surprisingly).

Tuesday
Chicken, chips, and peas

Easy tea because it's Beavers tonight.

Wednesday
Pork and cider casserole

It's SWIMMING so something easy I can slow-cook in the oven. (Sog concoction)

Thursday
Baked potatoes

Friday
Lamb burgers/koftas with pittas and greek salad

Saturday
Steak pie with mash and veg

Sunday
Leaving free because it's my race today.

Leave a comment to let me know if you'd like any recipes posting or just to say "Hi", and don't forget to check Mrs M's blog for more meal plans.

1 comment:

  1. The sticky soy salmon sounds really good. You'll have to blog the recipe!

    Good luck with the race

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...