Monday, 21 November 2011

Meal-planning Monday: 21/11/11

Morning world. Another Monday means another weekly meal plan. I promised two pies this week because of last week's pie absence. Not sure that's healthy or possible. I've also promised my husband MEAT since he had to eat scallops and salmon at the weekend.

Here goes...

Monday
Homemade chicken and vegetable soup with crusty rolls

This is something I've not made for months. I used to always make a stewy soup from leftover roast chicken. Anyway, it's winter and its back. Hurrah.

Tuesday
Fish, chips, and mushy peas

It's Beaver night. What can I say? I lack imagination.

Wednesday
Lancashire hotpot

I'll be making a variation on the James Martin recipe because I've never used dripping to cook with and I dislike kidney with a passion.

Thursday
Chicken with couscous

My children have requested couscous and I'm always happy to oblige a polite request. I'll make some sort of variation on this Moroccan-inspired recipe, without the fruit because my husband is averse to fruit in his main meal.

Friday
Cottage pie

I'm out in London town. My in-laws are visiting. This combination means I have to make dinner so that I don't get talked about in an unfriendly way.

Saturday
Leaving free

Sunday
Roast dinner (yet to be decided)

Two pies! Lots of meat! A child's request fulfilled. I am a genius.

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog either for other ideas and link-ups.

1 comment:

  1. Check out this site for awesome and award winning weekly meal plans http://tonispilsbury.com Cuts down on sooo many headaches from trying to cook for a family.

    Take care, Valerie
    Weekly Meal Plans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...