Sunday, 13 November 2011

Sunday run: 13/11/11

My 3-year-old daughter woke up at 6:50 am this morning and crawled into our bed, so I got up and decided to go for a run (I was planning to go at 7:30 anyway). Today I was trying out my new New Balance long-sleeve top. It's pink and very comfortable, so highly recommended for people who run and who like pink :)

I decided not to look at my Garmin for the entire run. I just wanted to run comfortably and see how I went, not to be bothered about pace or time. Felt good for the first two miles, then started to get pain in my knee, so I slowed down a bit. I'd had ankle pain the evening before but this didn't bother me at all. I went into a bit of a trance on the way back home, possibly the huge red sun hanging over the village was mesmerising me! Or the fact I was nearly home and was a bit tired!

Anyway, I've just looked at my stats and I'm really surprised and pleased. Consistent pace around 9 minute miles. The last half a mile was a bit slower because I took it easy through the village (and had to stop for cars).

Perhaps I should ignore my Garmin more often?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...