Friday, 16 December 2011

The 800 mile challenge results

Earlier in the year I blogged about a challenge my friend Abbie set: to cover 800 miles in a year, whether by walking, running, swimming, cycling, however you fancy.

I wasn't convinced I'd cover the distance, but training for two half marathons and three 10K races sure racks up the miles. I stopped including the half mile walk to school and back I do twice daily around April (I got bored!).

So, I've passed 800 miles! 779 miles running, 17 miles cycling, and (at least) 15 miles walking. I'd quite like to pass the 800 miles mark for just running, and I think I can achieve that before the end of the year.

21 miles to go.

3 comments:

  1. I have only just seen this post, well done and excellent dedication. Looks like a 1000 running miles for next year is your challenge now. You read it here first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Pete. 1000 miles could be doable. You know I love a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! I don't think I'd make 800 miles but I might go and count up the miles I have done this year, just to see!!

    Well done you, and I'm sure you'll hit 800 by the 1st Jan... you run a fair bit, dontcha?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...