Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Festive running

I've been away for a week over the Christmas period, but I didn't want to miss out on my weekly runs, if only to try and minimise any weight gains from the excesses of Christmas.

On the Friday before Christmas I dragged myself out for a 6 mile flat run around Stanley Park. It was raining and windy but I wanted to burn some calories and get a bit of fresh air while I could. The park was very muddy and waterlogged, so I came back to my mother-in-law's house with very dirty trainers (and legs!).


Tuesday after Christmas I had a lovely short run with my sister. I'd bought her some Nike running gear for Christmas so this was a good chance for her to test it out. We ran 3 miles from Great Harwood towards Whalley and back, through the River Calder valley, so there were a couple of lovely hills to run up and down. She doesn't usually run for longer than 30 minutes, so she did well. Hopefully she can train a bit more now so next time I visit we can have a longer run together.


Today (Wednesday), I wanted to run the 6 mile loop around Hyndburn that I ran earlier in the year. This loop goes from Great Harwood, up several steep hills into Clayton-le-Moors, and back down and up several more hills into Rishton, and home. Very tiring, very cold, very worth it. The views of the hills are breathtaking, despite the industrial bleakness dotted around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...