Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Sog's chicken curry

I promised yesterday I would blog the recipe for this curry. It's adapted from one by Delia Smith.

The idea is that it uses up leftover roast chicken, but for the amount of chicken Delia says you need, you'd have to only eat the wings on a standard chicken! I adapt the recipe to include whatever vegetables I have, and more veg if I don't have much chicken. Or you could actually cook chicken breasts first, that would work :)

Sog's chicken curry (serves 2)

Leftover roast chicken (I aim for one chicken breast and 'a bit')
Various vegetables (I usually use an onion, a pepper, and a handful of mushrooms, but I've used cauliflower and mini corn before)
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp plain flour
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
1/2 tsp chilli (optional)
3/4 pint of chicken stock
salt and pepper
Spray oil

Fry veg in a little oil for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the chicken, garlic, flour, all the spices, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Gradually add the stock until everything is mixed and there are no lumps. Simmer for about 15 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...