Monday, 9 January 2012

Meal-planning Monday: 09/01/12

It's the second week in January and by now everyone is a probably running a bit short on cash while trying to keep up with their resolutions. So, this week's meal plan is based on what we have left in the freezer and cupboards, a make do and mend sort of week.

Monday
Lancashire hotpot with cauliflower cheese

Should have had this last weekend but we ate out Saturday so I moved it to today.

Tuesday
Hot and spicy chicken with chips and peas

This meal is fresh out of the freezer. Peas give the illusion of healthiness.

Wednesday
Baked potatoes with tuna mayo, or cheese and baked beans (or all three!)

Thursday
Bacon with colcannon

We have a savoy cabbage to use up so I thought I'd make this. I'm going to lie and tell my kids I mixed sprouts in with the mash. They'll never know.

Friday
Steak, chips, and salad

I'm out tonight so this is a treat dinner for hubs.

I'm going to leave the weekend free because we never seem to stick to my menu, other than the Sunday roast. Sadly the only offering of fish on the menu this week is tinned tuna, but at least there is some fish there. I might change it to prawn mayo if I'm feeling like splashing out midweek.

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for more meal plans and recipe ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love your meal plan this week. My kind of food!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...