Monday, 16 January 2012

Meal-planning Monday: 16/01/12


Last week's plan went really well, except we didn't have colcannon because we ran out of potatoes (slight planning fail). This week I've bought 5 kg of potatoes so that should never happen again...

This week, I planned the meals and then hubs replanned them for me.

Monday
Homemade chicken soupy stew

Made with leftover roast chicken from Sunday and lots of vegetables. Always goes down well.

Tuesday
Cod roe, chips, and mushy peas

This is a "hubs request". I simply cannot stand roe, but since it's running club tonight I'll make myself a mushroom risotto when I get home.

Wednesday
Mexican beef chilli with rice and pittas

I've got casserole beef in the freezer so I thought I'd make chilli with that. I found this recipe on BBC Good Food, although I'm quite familiar with how to cook chilli... And I don't need to feed 15 people.

Thursday
Fish pie or Salmon, mash, and salad

There's a tug o' war going on between me and hubs about what to cook tonight. He declares he hates fish pie. But the kids like it, and we've not had it for a while. And surely salmon and mash are the main constituents of fish pie?

Friday
Toad in the hole with peas and gravy

Another hubs request. I'm going to attempt a new Yorkshire pudding recipe with this, comes highly recommended, together with strict instructions to sift the flour. I always sift my flour, but recommended sifting means it must be done, on pain of rubbish puds.


Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for more recipes, ideas, and meal plans.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need toad-in-the-hole this week. It's one of Mr M's favs.

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...