Monday, 30 January 2012

Meal-planning Monday: 30/01/12

Morning! It's a cold cold Monday, so I'm trying to think of warming meals we can have for our tea this week. I'm still attempting to get my weight down to pre-Christmas levels, so my aims are for healthy yet hearty.

Monday
Poached salmon with mashed potatoes and sweetcorn salad

Tuesday
Pork steaks, cauliflower cheese, and homemade potato wedges

Wednesday
Baked potatoes with beans and cheese or leftover cauliflower cheese

Thursday
Fish, chips, and mushy peas

Friday
Lamb koftas in pittas with Greek salad and yoghurt dressing

Quite a lot of potato this week, other carbohydrate sources are available.

Please don't forget to click the link to Mrs M's blog and check out the other meal plans. And leave a comment if you have any suggestions or questions for me.

12 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via Mrs M's MPM linky. Do you cook your pork steaks with any seasoning? We usually have garlic salt and dill but looking for other ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Shilts, thanks for your comment. I usually just grind some black pepper over the steaks, or perhaps a bit of dried sage. Nothing too fancy because my children are a bit fussy!

      Delete
  2. Oooh Friday's meal sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kati, it's a favourite of mine. My children ate it last time we had it too, so I'm taking advantage of that!

      Delete
  3. Oh Tuesday would be my favourite day - I love cauliflower cheese...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good cauli cheese! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Mm, Cauliflower cheese - may have to get some!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my son's favourite! He had seconds and that is very rare. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Do you make the Lamb Kofta's yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for your comment.

      Yes I do make the kofta myself, it's quite easy with lamb mince and a few spices (I use cumin, garlic, and parsley). This recipe on Good Food is similar to the one I use. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1428639/lamb-kofte-flatbreads

      Delete
  6. Mmmmmm lamb koftas, one of my favourites!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...