Monday, 13 February 2012

Meal planning Monday: 13/2/12


Happy Monday! It's half term for us this week so I've included lunches too (for me and the kids). I need to jump back on the healthy-eating-diet bandwagon, and we have visitors from Thursday in the form of my in-laws, so not too much meal planning for the end of the week because we'll be out and about.

Monday
Lunch: Homemade spicy lentil and carrot soup
Tea: Lamb hotpot with vegetables (probably sprouts and/or peas)

I found stewing lamb in the freezer so thought this would be nice and easy for today. My diet-friendly version includes more veg, less lamb (which is a hideously fatty piece as I've just discovered).

Tuesday
Lunch: Cheesy pasta and broccoli (soup for me)
Tea: Homemade Nandos!

It's Valentine's day today. We rarely go romantic and gooey, but I do like to cook hubs something he likes. He's expressed a desire for "something spicy, a bit like Nandos", so Nandos it is ;) Will cook chicken legs in Nandos Hot marinade with chips and Greek feta salad. And maybe sweetcorn. And spicy olives *drool* (I'm running tonight -- yes I know, how romantic -- so I'll have a chicken feta salad when I get back).

Wednesday
Lunch: Risotto
Tea: Baked potatoes with slow-cooked barbecue pork for hubs and cheese and bean toasties for the kids

It's swimming lessons today so we still need something easy for tea. The risotto is to fill us up before swimming, and then the kids and I can have something small later while hubs gets a tea full of love :) I'm also out later at circuit training so I don't like to eat anything too heavy, might have a salad or something.

Thursday
Steak pie, mash, and vegetables

My in-laws love my pies :)

Friday and Saturday
Probably eating out

Sunday
Roast chicken or beef

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for more meal plans. And please leave a comment if you have anything to ask.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in. All sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...