Monday, 20 February 2012

Meal planning Monday: 20/2/12


This week we're all back to normal. The kids are back at school and I'm back on the diet. I need to watch my food and drink intake for a couple of weeks because the past few days have been seen too much snacking and drinking of alcohol because my in-laws came to stay. I dread to think what the scales will say tomorrow. So I'm planning meals for me and meals for the family.

Monday
Exercise: Circuit training (AM)
My lunch: Prawn salad sandwich
Family tea: Sausages, eggs, baked beans and chips
My tea: Lentil soup

Greasy dinner for the family to use up leftover breakfast items from the weekend. I'm at a new circuit training class this morning so will want a good lunch but not so much for my tea.

Tuesday
Exercise: Running (PM) 
My lunch: Beans on toast
Family tea: Lamb stew with cauliflower cheese

We had an enormous leg of lamb last Sunday and have lots of meat left over. I'm going to boil the bone in a stock with potatoes and carrots (variation on this recipe), and serve with cauliflower cheese because my kids love that. If we have room for pancakes, we'll have a few of those too! I'll eat a smaller portion of this meal because I'm running tonight.

Wednesday
Exercise: Circuit training (PM)
My lunch: Spicy prawn couscous salad
Family tea: Baked potatoes with corned beef, cheese, and baked beans
My tea: Lentil soup

I can't eat anything too heavy before circuit training so I'll have a good lunch to make up for it.

Thursday
Exercise: Running (PM) 
My lunch: Tuna pasta salad
Family tea: Chicken wraps

We have these with vegetables (eg, carrots and broccoli), a bit like fajitas but without the spice because the kids don't like that. A bit of chilli sauce for me and hubs (and extra peppers and onions) doesn't go amiss though :) I'm running tonight so will have one wrap when I get back.

Friday
My lunch: Vegetable soup
Family tea: Scampi and chips with peas or salad

I'm out tonight so I'll need something quick but filling to keep me going. I'm not planning on drinking too much though...

Saturday
Exercise: Running (AM) 
Family tea:  Pasta bolognaise and garlic bread

Not had bolognaise for a long time, a family favourite.

Sunday
Exercise: Running (AM) 
Family lunch:  Roast pork with all the trimmings
Family tea: Sandwiches

My mother-in-law "found" a half price loin of pork last weekend and put it in my freezer. She is a bargain-hunting genius.

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for more meal plans. Have a good foodie week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...