Thursday, 2 February 2012

Myfitnesspal


I've been using myfitnesspal.com since April 2011. I was a bit skeptical about using a diet tracker to help with my weight loss, because I'd been doing so well without calorie counting up to that point. But I really rate it for helping to keep me on track and avoiding snacking.

You sign up with personal details such as current weight, age, and sex, and provide information about your weight loss goals and activity level (always best to select sedentary unless you are a PE teacher or professional dog walker). The site gives you a target calorie intake for the day (usually between 1200 and 1640 calories, if you're a woman and trying to lose weight, or above this if you're a man or trying to maintain).

The food database is very extensive, you shouldn't need to add too many items yourself, and there's a barcode scanner for those people who always wanted to work on a checkout. *cough* Anyway, I find it's a really good way to keep track of my diet and I can see if I've splurged somewhere and if I need to drink water for the rest of the day!

If you have friends using the app (the site is accessible via Android and iPhone mobile versions) you can chat in the community section, which is a lovely way to provide encouragement. The website has helped me get back to my lowest weight after I had a few heavy months around Christmas (and I stopped using the site). I can't rate it highly enough.

Let me know in the comments if you have experience of using this site or others similar. And let me know if you'd like to add me as a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...