Monday, 11 June 2012

Meal planning Monday: 11/6/12



I've not blogged my meal plans for several weeks now, due to either laziness at having to type them out or me being busy with work. Anyway, they're back, for this week at least. I'm still inflicting new recipes or foods on my poor unsuspecting family, trying to get us all to eat healthily, and minimising (for me at least) carbs in the evening.

Monday 
Slow-cooked BBQ pork, with mashed potatoes and vegetables

The BBQ pork recipe is one I made up. It's great for using up leftovers from a Sunday roast (would be gorgeous with beef or lamb, maybe with a few tweaks to spices). To a casserole dish I add a chopped onion, the leftover sliced meat, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, a tin of chopped tomatoes, a good shake of Worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of chilli powder, and a couple of tablespoons each of honey, white wine vinegar, and HP sauce. Just mix together and put in a low oven for a few hours, stirring every hour or so.

Tuesday
Prawn or tuna salad, with new potatoes

Wednesday
Wednesday has been attractively nicknamed "egg night" by my husband, who thinks we don't eat enough simple meals like scrambled eggs on toast. My kids tend to alternate between scrambled eggs/baked beans on toast and cheese toasties. I prefer an omelette, and this week I'm planning mushroom omelette with a green salad.

Thursday
Homemade fishcakes, with mushy peas

I blogged last week some of my foodie ideas and this was one of them. I might make these using a tin of salmon, mashed potatoes, and grated onion and carrot. Something very easy but tasty too.

Friday
Eating out

Saturday
Spaghetti bolognaise

Sunday
Jamie Oliver's Incredible Roast Shoulder of Lamb

My husband discovered this recipe while searching for a slow-roast lamb recipe. The lamb is so tender you can carve it with a spoon, and leftovers are fantastic reheated and served with pitta bread, houmous, yoghurt, and Greek salad.


Please check out Mrs M's linky and #mealplanningmonday on Twitter for other blogposts and ideas.


2 comments:

  1. That roast lamb looks fantastic! In fact, the whole week looks pretty scrummy.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I have missed these! Always gives me inspiration for meal ideas. This evening I am doing chicken & dumplings with loads of veg. Love the left over lamb meal idea.

    Sha x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...