Monday, 18 June 2012

Meal planning Monday: 18/6/12


Last week's plan went well, the homemade fishcakes were rather too mashy and not enough fishy, but that's just fine tuning for next time. They still got eaten. We had steak on Saturday rather than bolognaise because we invited friends over for an impromptu dinner party. This means I have already spent the week's food budget in one day, so this week's plan is about scrimping from the freezer and cupboards.

EDIT: my mum emailed me to say she doesn't eat pork, "I told you this before", so I have amended Friday and Saturday evening's meals! I'm still doing bacon baguettes for lunch though ;-)

Monday
Kids: Cheesy broccoli pasta
Us: Homemade chicken curry and naan bread

My son is at a Beaver's event tonight so he will need to eat early with his sister. There is some leftover chicken from Sunday, so I'll make a curry with that for us.

Tuesday
Burgers and chips

I bought fresh burgers for Friday evening but didn't use them all, so these need eating.

Wednesday
EDIT: scrapped the baked potatoes in favour of instant noodles (kids) and poached eggs on toast (us). One poorly daughter and one slightly poorly mum needed nice simple food.

Thursday
Lamb koftas, pittas, and salad

Lamb mince and pittas are in the freezer, easy.

Friday
Fish pie with mash topping, and spinach and broccoli

It's an iron fest because I think we all need some.

Saturday
Bacon and brie baguettes for lunch.
Turkey and bean chilli with rice (not too spicy because my kids won't eat it, but a bit of mild chilli and some cumin never goes wrong)

Sunday
Roast chicken

Don't forget to check out the Twitter hashtag #mealplanningmonday and the link up at Mrs M's blog (when it goes up!) for other meal ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...