Saturday, 8 September 2012

Preston Guild Marathon: 7 weeks to go

Last week's plan didn't go well! After writing it I changed the tempo run to Monday to accomodate a Tuesday evening night out for my husband (which he didn't go to, grrr), so I subsequently aggravated my sore knee from Sunday and had to spend the rest of the week on the sofa. NOT HAPPY.

Anyway, the Sunday 20-miler is STILL ON, so that's good news. If all else goes to plan, the rest of the week should look like this.

Monday: A massive rest (including a sports leg massage!)
Tuesday: 2-3 mile walk then a core workout at home
Wednesday: Circuits (yes I will take it easy)
Thursday: Club night (tentative!), 2 miles then 4 miles (slowly, hopefully)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: More rest
Sunday: Standalone 10K route, at my planned race pace.

EDIT: I've revised this plan since I wrote it on Saturday. I didn't realise how sore my legs would feel after the 20 miles (ran 14, walked 6). Intervals doesn't seem necessary at the moment, I might do them next week in preparation for Standalone 10K and since I won't have done a long run on Sunday.

As you can see, plans can be changed! Don't be ruled by the plan!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great 20 mile run today :) Don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it's sunny and crisp here at the moment, and just perfect for running. (she says as she sips on tea with no intention of going anywhere)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. The run turned into a run-walk and took just over 4 hours to complete, which is good training for the marathon. The weather was beautiful too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...