Saturday, 12 January 2013

Janathon: day 12

I woke up without an alarm this morning. It makes such a difference! To see it was 7:40am was nice too (instead of 5:55am, which is when we get up in the week). I felt quite awake and the house was lovely and quiet, meaning no-one else was up. I decided to go for my run while the going was good and then tackle breakfast when I got back.

Stealthiness is not my number 1 quality, but I made it out of the house without waking any children at least (sorry hubs). I had scheduled a 3 mile hill training session today but the nearest hill is a mile and half away so decided that was just plain silly. I set auto lap on my Garmin to 0.25 miles and set off to run alternate slow-fast laps. I managed 4 fast sprints (7:45, 7:00, 7:00, 7:15) and 6 slow recoveries, making a good 2.5 mile interval session. Quite pleased with that, I've never managed to complete my own interval session successfully, I usually give up and just run "fast" for a bit.

Now I just need to remember to reset auto lap to 1 mile for tomorrow else my long run is going to be beeptastic.

Later in the morning we went to Sweatshop in Hatfield so I could have video gait analysis on a treadmill. I've not had motion analysis (on a treadmill) for 2 years, since I started running. When I started running I overpronated. Last year I was analysed visually at Trisports in Letchworth and they told me that I had developed a neutral gait but I was a heel striker (also, that I had lovely arches!). Today's analysis was good news (for me); after much work these past months (physio rehab) I'm still a neutral runner but now I forefoot strike, which has been one of the aims of the rehab. At least rehab is working :) I also decided that although it was strange to see myself run on video, I do have quite nice ankles. I'm going to add that to my CV.

I also picked up some Pilates resistance bands to give my evening workouts a bit of oomph. I use these at circuits for arm strength and at Pilates for leg stretches, so they will be very useful at home to continue these workouts.

Enough wittering on! Stats!

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time taken: 23 minutes
Other stuff: Abdominal workout and 1 plank (1 minute)
Total distance run during Janathon: 37.03 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 9 hours and 9 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...