Monday, 14 January 2013

Janathon: day 14

Day 14! That's 2 weeks of blogging. Well done me. 2 weeks of exercise without a break too, also good :)

With all* the snow that fell today, and the cold temperatures I ran in yesterday, I was a bit concerned about tonight's run. I don't particularly enjoy running on ice, although snow and slush I can manage fine.

*2 cm, if that.

I dressed for the conditions. Thermal top, long-sleeve top, jacket, long tights, Buff as a scarf, hat, and gloves (only 1 pair, I couldn't find a second set).

The cold air hit me as I stepped out of the house, so I was glad I had wrapped up warm. I wasn't planning on a fast run because of the potential for ice so I suspected I wouldn't get all that warm.

1 mile in, I removed my hat. After 1.5 miles I unzipped my jacket. The lack of ice meant I managed a fair pace. (I was running with a friend who is a lot faster than I am so she was dragging me along!)

The good news is (1) I didn't fall over and (2) my muddy trainers are now pristine. I might go for a run in my other pair tomorrow...

Distance run: 3.24 miles
Time taken: 32 minutes
Total distance run during Janathon: 48.18 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 11 hours 1 minute

1 comment:

  1. Well done for getting out in the cold/slushy weather...finding it a real struggle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...