Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Janathon: day 15

In my training plan for today I had scheduled a rest day from running. I'm not as shattered as I was last Tuesday, but I'm sticking with the plan regardless.

Usual Tuesday activity includes the school run (walking to and from school, twice, about a mile total, but I'm not counting!) and Pilates in the evening.

At the end of December I still wasn't convinced I enjoyed Pilates. I found it hard to remember how to stay "neutral" and when to breathe, and I couldn't do a lot of the exercises fully because of my weak hips and unstable everything.

I've begun January as I mean to continue, by doing several tricky Pilates exercises at home as part of my Physio rehab. And it has paid off already. Tonight's class was great because I could manage the exercises and a few progressions. Hooray for persistence :)

Today's Janathon effort: Pilates for 1 hour
Total distance run during Janathon: 48.18 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 12 hours 1 minute

2 comments:

  1. Persistence is definitely central the the Janathon spirit :) well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think by next week I'm going to be dragging myself out :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...