Thursday, 17 January 2013

Janathon: day 17

I was a bit grumpy yesterday after weighing myself and seeing YET AGAIN that I've gained weight. Not just a little bit either, I'm nearing Overweight on the Wii Fit chart.

At first, I couldn't quite understand how it happened. I run or exercise daily and eat "fairly" healthily, plus I don't look overweight and I can still fit into my clothes. What gives? I'm either eating too much during the day, thinking "I'll burn it off tonight when I run", or I'm snacking too much after exercise "for recovery" (I need a lot of recovery food, particularly chocolate).

I think now I'm not drinking alcohol that I could be overcompensating by eating snacks instead, or drinking fruit juice, which is high in sugar (and calorie-rich).

Hey ho, refocus needed. I'm back logging EVERYTHING on myfitnesspal, aiming at 1200 calories a day (plus a bit extra when I run). Water or tea instead of fruit juice. And variations on salad to keep me interested. Today I made a Thai cucumber salad, it was delicious with some prawns. Much healthier than the leftover spag bol I had my eye on for lunch.

This evening was running club, two runs in the cold (although, warmer than yesterday!). First up was beginners group, I ran-walked for 2 miles with a lovely couple who brought their baby along for the session. He had a sleep and we had a jog.

After that was intermediate group. I was up for a fastish 5 miles but my heart monitor was too tight and I felt rather constricted and was struggling to get my breath. So I took the sensible option and turned round after 2 miles, making the second run 4 miles.

Including my runs to and from club, tonight's total was...

Distance run: 6.64 miles
Time taken: 1 hour 17 minutes
Total distance run during Janathon: 56.07 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 13 hours 31 minutes


(Is anyone checking my mental arithmetic by the way? I'm pretty rubbish at addition.)

3 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem with weight, gave up alcohol this week to see if it would help but have definetly been snacking more. Pah at least we will be fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've discovered the joys of chilli relish to make even the plainest salad rather tasty..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chilli makes everything taste better! That's a FACT :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...