Monday, 21 January 2013

Janathon: day 21

I left today's run until quite late, mainly because I didn't really fancy running on packed snow. But a slight kick up the bum from the penguin who knits and the goth who runs via Twitter made me head out for a quick mile or so.

I decided to wear my snow grips tonight, I didn't want to risk anything. They make me feel all springy when I run (probably because I'm running on springs) and the grip they provide is just great.

YakTraxs 
Tried a new path tonight to see where it went, always like trying a new path :) Also saw a great snowman, which I'll post a photo of tomorrow.

Distance run: 2.39 miles
Time taken: 25 minutes
Other stuff: Ab workout and ITB rehab
Total distance run during Janathon: 71.68 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 16 hours and 22 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh my mum bought me those grips 2 years ago when we had that super cold winter. Of course last year was the mildest winter ever so I never wore them! Nearly got them out at the weekend but didn't, but with more snow on the way it's good to know that they work when running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they look really fantastic! I'm guessing yours have seen quite a lot of action this last week..! How do they cope on sheet ice, out of interest?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...