Saturday, 5 January 2013

Janathon: day 5

Today I ran in North Herts Road Runners' 1st Saturday 5K on Norton Common in Letchworth. The course was really muddy so my aim was to run the race without incident. I didn't want to fall over and I didn't want to injure myself!

Leading the way!
Finished in about 27:30, time is irrelevant really, I just ran to have fun and meet up with my club friends. I was so happy at how many Stotfold runners came along, I think there were about 15 or more, and considering the total number running was 79, we definitely showed off our club spirit :)

Distance: 3.07 miles
Time taken: 27 minutes and 30 seconds
Other activity today: Gardening, and a walk around the shops!
Total distance run during Janathon: 15.84 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 4 hours and 31 minutes

4 comments:

  1. Phew! Well done and congrats on not falling over! Me and mud are not the best of friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats the point in running in mud if you are not going to fall over!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good fun, love the pic. Wish I could run a 5K in an "irrelevant" 27:30 -- quite speedy by my standards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. When I first ran 5K I finished in 45 minutes. Now I'm happy with anything under 30.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...