Sunday, 6 January 2013

Janathon: day 6

Today marks my 7th day running in a row. I've never run so many consecutive days without a rest and, considering I've had a knee injury, I'm feeling great (if a bit tired!). The mix of easy and tempo paced runs, and varying the distance or route every day, has kept the week interesting.

I'm currently in training for the Baldock Beast half marathon. Today is long run day, and the training plan called for a 6 mile run. I decided to run the route of the Standalone 10K, a local race that passes through my town. The route meant I could stay on the pavement and didn't have to go off-road onto the quagmire of the Letchworth Greenway.

For the first 2 miles I ran at a pace that felt easy, which turned out to be just over 9 minutes a mile. I decided to maintain this pace if I could for the whole run. Of course, mile 3 was uphill and a bit of a struggle! I managed to stick at my intended pace, so I'm very pleased about that. I ran 7 miles, rather than 6.21, in 1 hour and 4 minutes.

Distance: 7 miles
Time taken: 64 minutes
Total distance run during Janathon: 22.84 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 5 hours and 35 minutes

4 comments:

  1. Nice running, Janathon looking good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait til my foot is strong enough to not hurt when I train for distance again. Chuckled at your stat category "total time spent on Janathon"... does it count the time spent self-blogging & reading others' blogs? I can handle the time spent exercising, no problem, but the blog writing & reading kills me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely with you on the reading, commenting, and blogging! Takes up so much time! I won't be able to read as many blogs when I get back to work on Tuesday.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...