Monday, 7 January 2013

Janathon: day 7

Last night I had nothing planned for today other than a 4 mile tempo run. Then a friend posted on Twitter to remind locals about his Monday morning circuit training class. He also said that well-behaved children were welcome to come along.

"Ah, yes. Monday is an inset day", I thought, "the children are still off school", getting in my way and NEEDING things all the time. So I booked into the class. They ARE well-behaved after all. Criteria met. Plus it would keep them entertained for an hour or so, they'd see their friends, and then I could let them watch DVDs for the rest of the day without a trace of guilt. Hurrah.

So circuit class was attended, I ran about and did stuff and sweated a bit. I'm still not completely confident at the exercises, having missed about 3 months of classes and feeling I've lost a lot of conditioning and strength. Anyway, done.

During the warm down and stretch, I was chatting to my friend about my daily running, and how last week I'd run a marathon in total (*happy face*). He then gave me some advice (CAUTION: I hardly ever listen to advice and rarely take it when I do). Bearing in mind I'd not run that much in November and December, perhaps I shouldn't be running so far every week. Maybe I should just run 1 mile every day or so.

So I had a think, and I decided that he was probably quite right. So tonight's 4 mile run turned into a run of 1.42 miles. Albeit, a sprint interval session (whoops). Oh well, 1 mile though. See, I can listen, sometimes.

Distance: 1.42 miles
Time taken: 14 minutes
Other stuff: 45 minutes of circuit training
Total distance run during Janathon: 24.26 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 5 hours and 49 minutes

4 comments:

  1. I find circuit classes way harder than a run so well done! :) yay to one week of Janathon completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've managed to blog for 7 days in a row! Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a circuit class and a run?! That's impressive, I'd be demanding all the chocolate hob-nobs in the land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant first week of #Janathon. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...