Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Janathon: day 8

Urgh. Today has been a bit rubbish as far as my mental health is concerned. I'm notoriously stubborn, if I set my mind to something then I really DO have to do it, no matter what anyone says. So when I changed my planned run yesterday from 4 miles to 1 mile that was a BIG THING for me. So much so that I definitely wasn't going to deviate from the plan for today.

When I woke up this morning I felt so achey and sore. My unplanned Monday circuit class has taken its toll on my shoulders, arms, and thighs: I was feeling weak and tired. My plan to run 2.5 miles after I'd dropped the kids at school just didn't seem an attractive idea. "No problem", I thought, "I can run it tonight".

Yes, usually I could run in the evening. But Tuesday is a bit mad in our house, with after-school activities to get my children to, dinner to cook and eat, pick ups to make, Pilates for me.

Inevitably the run has not happened. How do I feel about that? A bit crap if I'm honest.

I did jog with my son to beavers at 6pm, there and back was 0.79 miles. Not the mile a day I've been aiming at. And it hardly counts (I went out in my jeans!). I also walked to school and back twice (I always do this though so I never count it as exercise).

After getting back from Pilates I immediately ate 4 digestives with a cup of tea while I had a think about today. With hindsight, I realise I DO feel better for having a rest today. I have to be realistic; I've had a knee injury, I'm not 100% fit, I've never run for 7 days in a row before, so yesterday was a great achievement and today I was sensible (I don't like that word though!).

So today's Janathon, an hour of Pilates and 0.79 miles of jogging (8 minutes).

Distance: 0.79 miles
Time taken: 8 minutes
Other stuff: 1 hour of Pilates
Total distance run during Janathon: 25.05 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 6 hours and 57 minutes

5 comments:

  1. I'd say that's an achievement! Hope the injury gets better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, when I feel full of energy tomorrow I'll know I made the right choice. For now I'm eating another biscuit! x

      Delete
  2. Stay away from the long runs if you want to do this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree. Best to be on the safe side. Enjoy the biscuits while you can, there's another 23 days to go yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments.I've replanned my January to give me 2 days a week off running and reduce the mileage. Feel better for doing that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...