Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Janathon: day 9

I'm feeling very positive today. Yesterday's blog post was quite therapeutic to write, if a bit depressing to read (sorry about that)! I realised that I definitely cannot run every day in January, to do that would risk injury and illness.

This morning I had a look at my training plan, which is on FetchEveryone, and changed a few bits. I've completely removed the Tuesday run so I just do Pilates on that day, and I've removed the Wednesday session too in favour of a 15 minute swim while my children have their lesson. So I will have 2 rest days in a row, but that should keep me rested enough for the 5 runs I've planned. Monday will be an easy 2.3 mile loop of town, Thursday is club night (varied runs, depends on attendance), Friday will be another town loop, Saturday a speed session (no longer than 4 miles), and Sunday will be long-run day (I'm not going to cut this despite the anonymous advice, thanks anyway for that).

I'm also determined to remember to do my physio ITB rehab. It's so easy to forget this now I don't have to do it daily. Some Janathoners have posted some great clips of ITB and hip exercises, which I've found inspiring and have given me a kick up the arse to do my rehab!

So today for Janathon I had a quick 15 minute swim (front crawl), a total of 20 lengths of the pool (500 m in total if my multiplication is up to scratch).

I also did my ITB rehab routine of clams (10 each side), prone leg raises with bum clenches (10 per leg), lateral leg raises with toe straight (10 per leg) and down (10 per leg), cross-leg raises (my description! I basically lie on the floor and draw a V with my leg; 10 per leg), single-leg squats (10 per leg), ankle rolls (15 each side), standing "donkey" kickbacks (10 each leg), cross-body leg swings (10 per side), and a plank (1 minute). I'm aiming to do this routine 3 times a week, increasing the reps as I get stronger. The exercises are targeting my quadriceps, adductors and hip flexors, and gluteal muscles.

Distance: 0 miles
Time taken: 0 minutes
Other stuff: 15 minutes of swimming and ITB rehab
Total distance run during Janathon: 25.05 miles
Total time spent on Janathon: 7 hours and 12 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...