Thursday, 17 January 2013

Thai cucumber salad

I made this salad for lunch today and thought I'd share the recipe since it's really delicious, and low in calories and fat too. It also uses Thai fish sauce, and I never know what to do with my bottle of Thai fish sauce.

Serves 2 (about 160 calories a serving)

1 cucumber, chopped into cubes
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used green)
1 red onion, diced
a handful of peanuts, chopped roughly (I used 30 g jumbo salted peanuts. You could substitute for dry roast peanuts or your favourite nut, or omit entirely!)

For the dressing:
2 tbsp lime juice (or juice of one lime)
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp dried coriander leaf
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Dress with the dressing. Easy!

I've just added this recipe to Mrs M's Recipe Link Party for January.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...