Saturday 14 September 2019

I did a quiz

Today I went to a quiz to raise funds for our town's Christmas lights. Our Christmas lights are still quite a new addition to the town but do look lovely. The quiz was christmas themed and, as someone who ignores christmas until 2 weeks before because I have a child who's birthday is 10 days before christmas, I was slightly irritated by Cliff Richard on loop and the christmas jumpers. But, it was fun, we drew the first round and then drank lots of wine and our quiz skills went downhill, but overall we came 8th. From the bottom. Or top. Actually not sure. But we didn't win.

The people who won didn't win anything as far as I remember (I don't remember much!). The people who lost won a wooden spoon, I remember that part.

One of our team members won a raffle prize. They were right at the end though so the choices weren't great. All the wine had gone, as had some padded coat hangers and a hebe growing in a reindeer. She ended up with a bundle of Paddington Bear books, which I thought was quite a nice prize.

I love living  in a small town and having events like this to go to.

Football was good this week; it was a home match so we had to help set up. We had also been asked not to drive to help the tight parking situation, so I borrowed R's electric scooter and N went on her Segway. N won girl of the game to, which was super!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...