Sunday 8 September 2019

Fat bottomed girls

I wanted to run-walk 10K again this morning, in preparation for Standalone 10K at the beginning of October. But when I woke up my ankle was doing a weird clicky thing and was quite painful. Sense prevailed and I opted for a bike ride instead, which would tick the "calorie burn" box but not cause further ankle injury.

I quite enjoyed the bike ride, once I'd pumped the tyres up and found gloves (it was 6 degrees this morning!). I had to push the bike up 2 hills, which tells me I need to work on fitness and gear changing. But overall it was good, and I managed over 13 miles in 1 hour 25 mins, which is roughly how fast my husband can run that distance. Maybe next time he can run alongside me and push me up the hills.

After a magnificant roast pork dinner (if I do say so myself) it was time to head to the pub for a Cub planning meeting. Every new term I have a dread feeling about Cubs, but meeting back up with the other leaders is just what I need to get my passion for Scouting going again. We came up with some fun ideas so hopefully the children will enjoy the term.

This evening we've booked flights for our cruise next year, which is one more job ticked off that list. I want to sort out car parking next, and possibly a hotel room for the night before because our outbound flight is very early!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...