Saturday 7 September 2019

Football and shopping

This morning started very early with a 9 am KO in Dunstable for N's first football match of the season. I don't like driving to Luton or Dunstable, but setting off a good 30 mins before I needed to meant the traffic was minimal and I didn't have any problems in the one-way system. I even avoided driving through Luton!

The girls did lose their match quite badly, but it's our first time playing 9 vs 9, with the offside rule, and with new team members, so we are not too despondent. Plus under 12 girls football is not competitive yet, so the score will not be recorded, just in our minds.

After the match I had a lovely sleep to catch up on the lost hours from this morning, then I was cruelly awakened and dragged to Tesco to do a big shop. Every so often R likes to visit an actual store to see what's around, but really I think it's so he can buy lots of snacks and browse old tech. N bagged herself new jeans because she's cute and smiles all the time.

R wanted tapas for dinner because we are all missing being on holiday, so I made tortilla, pork belly, chicken wings, and patatas bravas and drank two holiday beers that we brought home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...