Wednesday 18 September 2019

Hurricane Humberto

This afternoon, our friends who live in Bermuda posted photos on social media of their preparations for Hurricane Humberto, which is gathering strength and heading their way. They have brought all the garden furrniture inside, closed all the shutters, and have started on the champagne. I guess if my home , and potentially life, were in danger I might decide to drink all the wine too. In solidarity with them, I went out and bought a bottle of cava to drink while catching up with Celebrity Masterchef.

I am enjoying tonight's episode of Celebrity Masterchef, because Greg Rutherford is being told off by Dillion Whyte for "going too big". I've never heard of this Dillion chap before but he seems really nice and a bit of a dark horse in the cooking department I reckon. Not too sure about Martha Reeves and the French lady, they do seem a bit inept (not seen the end yet!), although they were thrown in at the deep end and told to cook lobster and make fresh pasta, and I couldn't do that. I do want to make gnocchi though, and I think I might try next weekend when I have time spare.

I can't make gnocchi this weekend because we are visiting my parents. My dad should be well recovered from his operation and it will be lovely to catch up because we've not seen each other since my birthday at Easter. I'm also going to meet up with my friend Jo who lives in New Zealand but is visiting the UK for a few weeks. This will be our first of two get-togethers, which is a real treat!

R is away tonight in Wales, and I've just finished watching Celebrity Masterchef, so now I'm catching up with Taskmaster without him. I will be in trouble!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...