Friday 20 September 2019

Relaxing, Sog style

I've done quite a lot of Scouting this week, spending 3 of 5 weekday evenings in my uniform (2 Cub nights and the AGM). A friend asked me this week if I every slowed down or had time to relax, and I can see where she is coming from as I do seem to always be doing something! But it is better to be running around busy and meeting people than sat at home in front of the TV being unsociable and drinking wine alone.

Talking of drinking wine, I am off to see my parents later and I can't wait as the last time I saw them was at Easter for my birthday. Dad wasn't well after that visit, but his recent operation should have put him right again, so it will be good to catch up, over a couple of glasses of wine. It will also give me some much needed relaxation time, as mum and dad's house is so tranquil, with a lovely garden to sit out in. And I get to cuddle Holly cat, who secretly loves me because I feed her toast under the table. (Her love for me is secret because openly she pretends to hate me by running away and not letting me pick her up.)

This weekend I am also catching up with friends who live in New Zealand but are back for a few weeks to visit family and friends. We are all meeting up at my sister's house, which should be great fun with lots of chat and (more) wine.

I'll need a weekend to recover after all these visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...